There are two ways to copy files to the Aurender’s hard drives. One way is to use a computer connected to the Aurender music server via the Ethernet (LAN) connection. The other way is to connect a USB memory device to the USB port on the rear panel.
Note: After song files are copied to the Aurender, the newly added songs or changes can only be seen after hard drive is scanned and the song database is uploaded to the iPad. This happens automatically a couple of minutes after the last changes to the hard drive. To see changes immediately, press the “Upload song information database” button in the Scanner menu located in Settings of the iPad application. Depending on the size of the database, this can take a few second to about one minute.
1. Open Network Connections and look for the Aurender.
2. Double click the the Aurender and folders named “hdd1” and “hdd2” will appear. Double-click a folder and you will be asked for the Username and Password. These can be found in Settings in the NAS Share section.
3. After entering the Username and Password, use your mouse to drag and copy files to the Aurender folders on hard disk drive.
4. On the hard drive, folders may be created, named, or deleted. To make a folder, right click on an empty space and click NEW-> Folder. The names for five folders on each of the hard drives will be shown in the second row buttons between ALL and MISC. Swipe left or right and the other set of five buttons will appear. If you have more than five folders on a hard drive, place square brackets around the folder names that you want – [My Music].
If the Aurender does not appear in Network Connections, please input the Aurender IP address manually as follows:
1. Press the Windows + R on your keyboard (START -> RUN).
2. Type in two back slashes (\) and the IP address of the Aurender music server. (For example: \192.168.1.171). The Aurender IP address can be found in NAS under SETTINGS on the iPad application.
3. Click OK and a window will appear with folders labeled ‘hdd1’ and ‘hdd2’. Open a folder.
4. A popup window will ask for a Username and Password. They can be found in NAS under SETTINGS in the iPad application.
5. Drag and drop files in to hdd1 or in its sub-folders.
6. On the hard drive, folders may be created, named, or deleted. To make a folder, right click on an empty space and click NEW-> Folder. The names for five folders on each of the hard drives will be shown in the second row buttons between ALL and MISC. names will appear Swipe left or right and the other five buttons will appear. If you have more than five folders on a hard drive, place square brackets around the folder names that you want – [My Music].
Note: Importing large libraries at once can take a very long time. We recommend importing files in batches.
1. Locate the Finder menu bar at the top of your desktop.
2. Click GO -> CONNECT TO SERVER from the navigation bar.
3. Type in ‘smb://’ followed by your Aurender’s IP address. (For example: smb://192.168.1.171) The IP address can be found under SETTINGS -> NAS.
4. Click Connect and a window will appear with folders labeled ‘hdd1’ and ‘hdd2’. Open the folder.
5. A popup window will ask for a Username and Password. They can be found in the iPad application under SETTINGS -> NAS.
Note: If the Aurender is connected through a Gigabit network, the transfer speed will be roughly 50MB/sec. It could take 5-6 hours to copy 1TB of files. We recommend copying files in batches. The Aurender is able to playback music and copy files at the same time.
Insert a USB memory device already loaded with songs into USB port on the rear panel. In a moment, the front display will show ‘USB Copying’. When all files have been copied, the display will blink ‘USB Copying Done’.
If the folder names are the same as the categories in the Aurender second row (All, Classic, Jazz, Pop, Local), then the files will go into the respective folders. If the folder names are not the same, then the files will go into Etc.